Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Uber Healthy Muffins

Liam and I made some uber healthy muffins today that were so moist and delicious, that I thought I'd be kind and share the recipe with you :)

This if from The Essentials of Eating Well Cookbook

Blueberry-Maple Muffins

Ingredients:
1/3 c. ground flax seed
1 c. whole-wheat flour
3/4 c. plus 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/2 c. pure maple syrup (I used regular)
1 c. buttermilk (I used plain fat free yogurt instead)
1/4 c. canola oil
2 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. blueberries (I used frozen- just rinse well or the blueberry muffins will really be blue!)
Sugar for topping

Oven temp: 400 degrees
Mix dry ingredients minus sugar. In separate bowl, whisk eggs and maple syrup, then add other wet ingredients and mix well. Gently combine wet and dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in blueberries.

the only thing that went wrong was that I used paper liners and the muffins stuck to them. Anyone know why or what I should have done?

Now you can enjoy the banished breakfast food guilt free! Enjoy-we are!

No comments: