Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's Up Wednesday

This Wednesday, what's up with...

Clay Rosaries: Taxes- UGH! the base of my existence. Sorry I haven't been more diligent about attending to rosary orders.

Me: Trying to get everything done before I fly out to MN tomorrow, and hoping my flight won't be delayed from the snow we are getting today. I haven't even packed yet!

Kids: Liam is loving his Thomas the Train. I think it's hilarious when he uses British words that we don't even say- at least it's always polite British words! Analee is now refusing the bottle when I am finally ready to give it to her. She's always taken it before, but now that it has milk in it- she says: no way, Mom, I want the real thing!

Husband: already lamenting our leave. Poor hubby has to stay home to work. I've stocked the fridge and freezer for him, so I think he'll be ok. He says he'll be bored, but with that list of to do things that he hasn't had a chance to do yet- I'll think he'll be just fine!

What's in the oven(or was this morning): My mom's famous caramel rolls. They are Eric and Liam's absolute favorite! So easy to make: just buy a bag of raw bread dough from the freezer section (the kind that is already is small squares is the easiest). Let thaw, but not rise. Heat equal amounts (1/2 to 3/4 cup) vanilla ice cream, butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Pour over caramel rolls. Put in fridge over night, in the morning, pop in oven. Flip them over onto a different pan when they are done and enjoy!

What's on my mind: This is pretty morbid, but I've been thinking about death. Iran is supposed to do something crazy tomorrow and Patrick Madrid mentioned something about EMP's and what it could do to airplanes- well,I am going to be in an airplane with my kids tomorrow! Sorry for thinking about death, but that freaked me out!! I'm sure nothing will happen, but I even tried to get a confession in before I left (just in case). I think it's good to think about meeting your maker because let's face it: it will happen! It just left a pit in my stomach because I don't feel I'm ready. But I guess only God knows that too.

What's up and coming: Mom's annual Valentine Day Dinner. My mom really likes V-day- particularly the part of it being a day to show those close to you how much you love them. Every year since I was probably about 14, she makes a huge fancy feast, decorates, and gives small gifts and love notes to each of us. I've missed it since I moved away for college, but this year I will get to be there along with all of my other sibs who are coming in town for it too. Can't wait!

Best thing that happened to me today: Having my husband come home safely and on time. Thank you Jesus!

Good link? Oprah had the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist on her show yesterday. Copy and paste the link to the clip below. They are one of my favorite orders whom I shower with monetary gifts when I can. They really do rock- I wanted to join their order when I felt I might be called to religious life. Maybe I'll have a daughter who will be called to religious life. What an honor that would be!

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Lisa-Ling-Spends-the-Night-at-a-Convent-Video/topic/oprahshow

FYI: I do not like Oprah, but I am glad the Sisters got the spotlight. They deserve it.

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

That Patrick Madrid stuff....scary! what would we do without power? It would be very hard for lots of people! Just remember Our Lady will protect you tomorrow on your flight! (I'll pray for safe travels too!)

Your mom is so wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your St Valentine's memories! I could totally see her doing that, I hope my kids have good memories like that one someday of me!

I'm glad you get to be home for her special celebration!

God bless you!

Julie Cragon said...

I too loved the Oprah show with the Dominican Sisters. The Mother superior went to school at St. Cecilia in Nashville with my mother and we are friends with Sr. Mary Samuel, Sr. John Dominic, Sr. Joseph Andrew and Sr. Mary Theresa. They were Dominicans from the St. Cecilia Motherhouse here. The interview was beautiful and I have told everyone to check it out on Oprah's site if they missed it.