Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I was tagged

"Just Me" tagged me for a meme from her blog. Don't ask me how to pronounce that word, I've never heard of it either. I'm so not a hip blogger! For this meme, I'm supposed to name three of my most favorite Catholic devotional prayers, and explain why they're my favorites. I'm also supposed to tag some other bloggers, so if you want to to this too, go for it!

My favorite devotional prayers would have to be the Hail Mary, Our Father, and Memorare. This is the prayer of the memorare:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

Eric and I prayed this every night when we were in a job crisis sitiation a few years ago.  Mary came through for us, just like we knew she would.  She is a loving mother who never turns away her children.

Of course I love the Hail Mary- especially in the rosary. It is such a comforting prayer. I instantly feel the protection of Mary's Mantel whenever I pray the Hail Mary.

Lastly, who cannot love the Lord's prayer?! Everytime I pray it, I find something more to meditate on.  Each part of the Our Father is so rich, a person could study it all their life and never run out of things to learn.  I like it say it slowly so as not to miss an important part of the prayer.

That's it for me! Let me know in the comments if you decide to do this on your blog.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Did you know St. Bernard of Clairvaux is credited with composing the Memorae prayer? I recently found this out and wrote about it.

http://yimcatholic.blogspot.com/2010/08/why-i-am-catholic-for-all-saints.html

Sarah Harkins said...

I did not. I will have a look at your post!