Monday, December 13, 2010

NOT Made in China


This adorable sweater was given to me by my husband's mother.   She said it was worn by my husband when he was a baby.  While cleaning out the attic, she found it right before Jude was born.  My husband's grandmother, who passed away last year, knit it from an old sweater that my husband's father owned! Jude's great grandmother was very talented and very thrifty- traits that were definitely passed on to my husband's father.  She never used a pattern or guide, but look at how great this sweater turned out!  I have a few other items that my husband wore when he was a baby and they are so special to use with our children.  I hope I can be that organized to keep a few special items to pass on to my grandchildren.  Maybe this sweater will be worn by the fourth generation of Harkins one day.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Oh thats so cool! It is really cute

Jamie Jo said...

Oh, what a treasure, I love those kind of things!

Elisa said...

Oh, that is so special!!! I love that. I wish my mom had kept more. But my parents moved a family of 6 across the ocean, so they kept very little. Because of that, I do try to keep a few special things for my children. I'm all about the handmade. There is nothing like passing down a gift that was made by hand for someone.

That sweater is a treasure..and that little guy is too!! What a happy looking little fellow.

Anonymous said...

So sweet...both the sweater and the baby! :-)