Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's a Screen Saver Party- Join the fun!

I'm starting a screen saver party!  It's a total spoof off of the "Pretty Over the Kitchen Sink Party" that I missed over at Like Mother, Like Daughter.  A couple of you did it.  I didn't participate because in the winter I can see my neighbors' houses. They are rental properties and the cops show up every now and then, but I won't get into that...

For the screen saver party, take a picture of your screen saver, post it on your blog, and link it back here so we call what you see when you sit down at your computer.  But here's the catch...You have to take a picture of your whole desktop just like you see it now. Don't hold back. You know you will want to straighten up those papers, but I'm telling you, we want to see your messy desk so we can feel better about our messy desk ;) And if you don't have a messy desk, throw some papers around, will ya?! Or maybe you're ultra swank and don't have a desk, only a laptop. Well, then be creative!

Here's my inspiration for this fun little event:


 Help, my baby is stuck in my computer and he can't get out! I laugh every time I look at my screen saver! When I uploaded pictures a couple days ago, I saw this picture of Jude that my husband took and I knew what had to be done. It's now going to be a permanent fixture on my screen, or at least until it starts creeping out our guests too much. 
 And that is my messy desk.  I didn't cut off too much of the desk on the left.  It really is that small. Hence, the mess.

Now take a picture and join the fun!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Here's mine! What a fun idea - I love this kind of stuff.

http://oregonangela.blogspot.com/2011/01/screen-saver-party.html

Not sure if this is where you want me to link back to ...

Angela

Mandy said...

LOL!!! Too funny! And....you have a Mac?? I am jealous! I'll have to take a pic of our desk today, this is hilarious.

Heidi said...

Thanks for hosting! Here it is in all it's chaotic glory. I'd take a picture of my extremely crunchy floors as well, but they might terrify everyone at this moment. ;-)
http://sacramentalmoments.blogspot.com/2011/01/screen-saver-party.html

Elisa said...

Hey Sarah! Sorry I'm SUPER late, but I had to join in. What a fun idea!

http://www.elisaloves.com/2011/01/whats-on-your-desktop.html

Mary Elizabeth said...

If I could find the camera (it is buried somewhere on my desk - lol) I would join in the fun. As it is - I LOVE your desktop picture. So cute and funny. Thank you for sharing.