Monday, July 18, 2011

Edible Arrangement- The Reprise


For our 6th anniversary, my husband's parents sent us this lovely edible arrangement. I couldn't bear to through away the pot, so I made another with the left over stuff.


I can't believe how much these things go for- considering I probably spent about $10.00 in fruit that was on sale, and some chocolate.  And it only took about 30 minutes to do.  Although, there is something special about a stranger knocking on your door at odd hours to drop off chocolate covered fruit.  It's kind of exciting!

Liam had fun sticking blueberries with me.

The chocolate dipping did not look half as good as the original. I think I burnt the chocolate in the microwave because it was a little lumpy. It didn't stick on the fruit very well either. But we made it work!

4 comments:

noreen said...

Sarah, that looks lovely and yummy at the same time! Especially because your son helped you make it.

Katie Rose said...

happy anniversary!

Allison said...

What I love about your edible arrangement Sarah is that it looks homemade - made from the heart.I like it so much more than the store bought version! Happy sixth anniversary!

Spinneretta said...

You can make it smoother by adding a little butter or coconut oil or crisco...
I think it looks yummy anyway ;)