Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Rooster Egg!


Roosters don't lay eggs, but this is a rooster egg!  A rooster is a sign of the resurrection, so it's pretty fitting to have my clay roosters put on an Easter egg.  I've gotten a couple requests to have my rooster cane on something other than jewelry, so I came up with this. It's not a new concept, but it's first time I've done it.  It was a lot of fun to make!

I used a wooden egg, so it's very durable and it stands on its own.  There are three roosters around the egg with my blue folk flowers creating a millefiori design around the clay roosters.

I put a shiny coat of sealer, so that's why the top one has a glare on it. The bottom picture is with the flash on, so no glare.

They are not in my shop, so if you want one, email me! The cost is $15.00 each. I'm catching up on orders, so no more new orders will be going out this week. Don't worry, though, the Easter season is 50 days long!

1 comment:

noreen said...

Very pretty Sarah! You are multi talented. Have a Blessed Easter!